Behrens Metalware is looking for reliable, hard-working individuals to work as Punch Press Operators on 2nd and 3rd shift. Must be able to complete some training on 1st shift.
Press Operators are responsible for loading and unloading materials into the press, lubricating, changing dies, identifying any defects in the finished products, and making necessary adjustments while running the press.
Starting pay of $14.00-$16.00 per hour. Graduated pay scale with raises available after 90 days.
Comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation, life insurance, and disability insurance.
- Loading materials into pneumatic presses
- Operating presses and unloading products
- Stacking products onto carts and pallets
- Identifying defects in finished products
- Lubricating and adjusting presses
- Changing dies and setting up presses
- Loading steel rolls that feed the press
- Operating forklifts
- Working with maintenance team members to troubleshoot press issues
- Maintaining a clean and safe work station
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Able to complete the above duties
- Previous press operating experience strongly preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Able to identify defects in materials and make press adjustments accordingly
- Able to sit or stand for up to 10 hours
- Able to frequently lift up to 25lbs and up to 75lbs on occasion
- Able to bend, crouch, stoop, kneel, and walk frequently
- High attention to detail and strong math skills
- Good vision and depth perception
- Able to operate or be trained on forklift operation
Behrens Manufacturing LLC is an AA and EEO employer.